SXSW Interactive 2014
Consumers and Marketers: From Rivals to BFFs
You’re at SXSW caught in a freak heat wave and on the verge of an inferno-induced panic. Desperately, you search your iPhone for the nearest safe haven; instantly you receive a Tweet. 50% off ice cold lemonade?! One block away! That was close. You’ve been saved, in the name of marketing.
This is the new reality where old enemies -- the marketer and the consumer -- become friends. A fundamental shift is brewing from one- to multidimensional, science-driven marketing that can wield massive impact. Harnessing real-time insights, big data and content simultaneously creates completely integrated and tailored brand experiences, turning the villain into the knight in shining armor.
In this session, you will learn how removing the black magic from marketing impacts consumers’ relationships with brands and understand what modern marketing means to the modern consumer. Consumers are savvier, more in-tune and empowered than ever and it’s time marketers get on their level.
Share this idea
- How does science-driven strategy translate into marketing consumers will actually want to receive?
- How to take advantage of the unique attributes of each channel -- social, mobile and search -- while delivering a consistent brand message across each.
- How to harness big data analytics and real-time insights to develop science-based strategies that drive impact and create a symbiotic consumer-brand relationship.
- What is the secret sauce for marketing success with the modern consumer.
- Where will marketers look next and what can consumers expect?
Kristen Hay, Senior Account Executive, LaunchSquad