SXSW Interactive 2014
How Open Is Open Data?
This panel will present an engaging and balanced discussion about the impact of open data on the real world of information usage and consumption. The panelists each have years of experience in harnessing open data for the benefit of consumers. We will discuss sources of open data, and how to find and bring value to the marketplace. Some say that all information should be free; others try to bring open data under private ownership. What is the best open data model to encourage entrepreneurship and maximize consumer access to information? Aman Bhandari will moderate the views across this panel.
Share this idea
- What is open data and how does it operate in the real world?
- What are the sources of open data and how does data vary between sources (federal, state, private)?
- What industry categories generate usable open data (e.g. healthcare, finance)?
- What are the ways to add value to open data, and what types of customers are searching for open data services?
- What are some of the challenges that arise from proprietary data services using open data?
Michael Crider, marketing, 9W Search