SXSW Music 2014
A Billion Tiny Screens: Future of Social Visua
If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a video worth? As bandwidth & processing speeds increase exponentially, consumption of moving images, GIFs, and video on mobile devices is EXPLODING. We bring together experts in the Social Visual Marketing space to discuss what's now and what's next for fans, bands, and brands on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, SnapChat, Glass, and more.
Share this idea
- YouTube has always been a lumbering giant, but has really come into its own in the past year. What benefits & challenges have you faced in working WITH YouTube and ON YouTube in the past year? How have you used YouTube to help tell your clients' stories, as well as to generate more views & revenues?
- What has it been like working with YouTube partners Vevo, Fullscreen, Maker, or Machinima? Have they made it easier for you to monetize content & build your audiences?
- SnapChat, Cinemagram, Instagram video, and Vine -- legitimate marketing channels, or cute gimmicks?
- Do any of you have a meme team that builds GIFs to seed into the marketplace? Have you been able to measure success using any Tumblr-based promotions?
- What do any of these channels need to do in order to have long-term staying power in an ever-changing world? Who has what it takes to be around in 5 / 10 years?
Scott Perry, President, Sperry Media