SXSW Interactive 2014
Beyond The Elevator - Know Your Purpose
Too much attention is put into teaching business professionals to learn an "elevator pitch" to use in their business networking and human to human interactions. Because of all the focus on a canned set of words, many think that all they have to do is memorize a few catchy sentences to find success.
But each conversation is unique and quickly understanding your purpose with every person whom you meet will help you discover more success. Every conversation is not the same, thus a memorized elevator pitch is too shallow. If you want to establish more meaningful relationships you must invest in creating a deeper engagement in all your conversations.
"Beyond the Elevator" will be more than a presentation, but an interactive exploration of purpose that will help all who attend in their efforts to grow their career. The bonus is this workshop will have instant action steps that will immediately impact the SXSW experience.
Share this idea
- Why is the elevator pitch is one sided and shallow?
- How can someone quickly identify your purpose with each person?
- Why is knowing your purpose important if you want to establish meaningful connections?
- Can we throw out the whole concept of the elevator pitch or do we still need to be able to have a memorized commercial?
- How does knowing your purpose in every conversation create a legacy?
- Thom Singer, director of training, Davis / Hill Solutions LLC
Thom Singer, director of training, Davis / Hill Solutions LLC