SXSW Interactive 2014
Great Artists Steal: Plan Content With UX Tools
We often say that content strategy starts with a business need, but that's not really true — because you need an audience before you can have a business. All too often, we make our decisions about content based on gut instinct, but that's not good enough any more. We've got to understand what our audience needs from us so that we can be effective.
This session will help you steal some tools that the user experience design field has been using for years in order to understand your audience and create the content they really need.
Learn how to adapt tools that UX designers use to create better content. Even better, understand how to know when you've truly met your audience's need.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What's the reading level of my audience? What can I assume based on education level and demographics?
- What are the best tools to analyze my audience and their content need?
- How do I socialize audience understanding throughout my organization?
- How did the advent of the Piggly Wiggly led to a world where we don't know our customers?
- What do I need to understand about my customers to create the content they really need? What's the ROI on that -- how does that make us better at what we do?
- Laura Creekmore, Content strategist, Creek Content
Laura Creekmore, Content strategist, Creek Content