The war for winning dominance over social networks and using that dominance to advantage is already underway. James Carafano presents an extremely timely analysis of the techno-future of information and the impact of social networking via the Internet.
Drawing on his extensive knowledge of history and defense strategy, the speaker will present a cogent analysis of what is truly new about the “new media,” and what is simply a recasting of human warfare in contemporary forms.
The history, present and future of cybersecurity and cyberwarfare will be presented in a lively, informative presentation, encouraging audience questions.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why do people like Edward Snowden and Brennan Manning NOT matter?
- Why might we all die if we don't start paying more attention to this subject matter?
- How can people can be as powerful as governments when it comes to issues of war, peace and cybersecurity?
- Why won't wars will ever be fought the same way again thanks to cyberwarfare?
- Why is China attacking us online all the time?
- James Carafano, Vice President, Foreign and Defense Policy Studies, The Heritage Foundation
Ericka Andersen, Vice President, Foreign and Defense Policy Studies, The Heritage Foundation
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.