SXSW Interactive 2014
Wearable Technology: From Battlefield To Boardroom
Wearable technology has a rich tradition in both Hollywood-produced fiction and Pentagon-funded reality. As mobile technologies have become more affordable and pervasive, businesses are now evaluating how ideas which were once the domain of science fiction and warfare can be repurposed to help workers get their jobs done. While much attention has been paid to how devices such as Glass & Pebble can help consumers live their lives more productively, business & enterprise considerations have been largely overlooked.
This talk will explore the predecessors to today's most promising wearable technologies & how their roots on the battlefield make them poised to now conquer modern business. Heads up displays, smart watches & activity monitors are cool, but they can also be critical components of meeting your business objectives. From the boardroom to factory floors, from healthcare to energy, the opportunities for wearable technology to positively impact safety & the bottom line are real.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What were some early incarnations of wearable technology on battlefields around the world?
- What enabled the evolution & adoption of these technologies from military applications into business applications?
- Why is there likely more long-term success for wearable technology in business than in either the military or consumer space?
- Are there specific industries that are uniquely suited to deploy wearable technology to their workforces for safety or economic reasons?
- Where will wearable technology likely impact businesses most immediately over the next 24 to 36 months?
- Juston Western, Director of Operations, ChaiONE
Juston Western, Director of Operations, ChaiONE