Today, there is one major trend affecting just about every aspect of the music industry: the accessibility of comprehensive music fan data from preferences to purchases. With the adoption of social media and its link to music consumption, music fans are becoming a valuable sales and marketing channel you can't ignore. The amount of available information is so staggering, that old-school analytic techniques struggle to keep up. In order to make sense of all this data, to find the signal hidden in all the inevitable noise, savvy technology companies represented in this panel are adapting to be able to analyze and act on this data with powerful new methods. No matter where you sit, digging into data can intelligently transform your business decisions from tour booking to fan engagement. Hear these panelists speak to how they're using data to know and grow fan communities through influence marketing.
- What do you need to know about your fanbase?
- What are some basic analytical techniques to get started in influence marketing?
- What types of questions can be answered with Big Data? (ex: Who is coming to my show? How can I build my audience?)
- What are ways to use data analytics to best connect with your audience?
- What are upcoming trends and new techniques in influence marketing that will further change the music industry?
- Kristina Wallender, Senior Director, Marketing, Ticketfly
- Julien Mitelberg, CEO, Bandsintown
- Alex White, CEO, Next Big Sound
- Don Hoang, Senior Director of Business & Corporate Development, Klout
Acacia Newlon, Marketing Operations Manager, Ticketfly
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.