SXSW Music 2013
Asia's seeping influence into Western music
Asian music companies were the fastest to adapt to the changes in the music business brought about by digital technologies. Broadband speeds are faster and services are more affordable than in North America. This has had an impact on how music is marketed and consumed.
Governments are looking at popular music as a soft power tool to extend their country's political and economic influence. They are committing millions of dollars to develop their popular music industries with a goal of commercial success and leadership in North America.
This panel brings viewpoints from Hong Kong, Korea, and Taiwan. The panelists will present an overview of the music scene in their respective countries, and bring insights for anyone looking to explore the opportunities and challenges from this dynamic region.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Are Asian music companies ready for success in North American markets?
- What are some examples of recent success for Asian music companies in North America.
- Three lessons which North Americans should learn from the music business in Asia.
- What is the role television music programs and music video play in Asia?
- What's are the cultural and behavior trends in the various Asian music scenes?
Rob Campanell, Co-Founder, Blastro Networks