Social Media in Higher Ed - Where are we going?
100% of Colleges and Universities are now adopting "social media" tools to engage students. While strategies and tactics vary per institution there has been little analysis into the effectiveness of these networks both from the student and institutional perspective. Social Media Managers have been hired, consultants have been giving "best practices" on how to use "free tools" but is all this network chasing really getting us anywhere? In this panel we’ll showcase examples of good and bad social media implementation, and use these as a framework to discuss what a meaningful social media strategy and guidance looks like.
Share this idea
- 1. What does a failed social media strategy look like?
- What does a successful social media strategy look like?
- What role should institutions play in engaging students with social media?
- Brandon Croke, Senior Marketing Manager, Inigral Inc.
- Bradley Popiolek, Product Manager, Apollo Group
- Laura Pasquini, Doctoral Researcher/Instructor/Academic Counselor, University of North Texas
- Tanya Joosten, Faculty/Interim Director, Learning Technology Center, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Brandon Croke, Senior Marketing Manager, Inigral Inc.