SXSW Interactive 2013
The Illumination of Big Data
Big Data has continued to grow in importance, but also in volume, variety and velocity. Understanding big data can help solve big problems. Right now, however, much of the focus remains on optimizing ad revenues, tweaking marketing campaigns or pushing products. Let's do more. This session will look at the promise of processing large-scale datasets generated from broader networks of employees, partners, and consumers collaborating together in different ways. We will explore the convergence of data and social activity, what it means for work, business, and for the broader global economy. Additionally, we will look at specific examples of how organizations are using this convergence to create impact, ask different questions, and solve new problems.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Is Big Data relevant to all companies?
- What is the relationship between Social Media and Big Data?
- How do I make Big Data at my business actionable?
- What specific methods and tools are others using to tackle Big Data? What's state of the art?
- What are some examples of how companies like mine are either saving or making money from big data?
- David Gutelius, Chief Social Scientist, Jive Software
Vincent Zingale, Social Media Coordinator, Jive Software