As cannabis legalization in the US gains momentum, politicians find themselves navigating a complex landscape where public opinion, economic opportunities, and personal beliefs collide. Despite its overwhelming popularity among voters, politicians persist in exploiting cannabis legalization, using it as a divisive tool instead of harnessing its potential to unite the nation. As we approach the 2024 election, we’ll explore the challenges faced in securing a seat at the political table, how politicians approach cannabis-related policies and the impact of unfulfilled promises.
Other Resources / Information
- Analyzing the divergent stances on cannabis legalization and understanding the motivations behind politicians' support or opposition.
- Highlight the challenges faced by the cannabis industry in engaging with and influencing political decision-making processes.
- Support initiatives that promote sensible cannabis policies, lobby for fair regulations, and strive to create a more inclusive and equitable industry
- Natalie Fertig, Federal Cannabis Policy Reporter, Politico
- Mason Tvert, Partner, VS Strategies
- Justin Strekal, Partner, Useful Strategies
- Darren Weiss, President, Verano Holdings Corp.
Raquel Heras, Associate Director, Oak PR
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.