Codesign is at the heart of the Circle Up project. Practitioners, researchers, and implementers are each uniquely positioned to solve major problems in education, like integrating academic, social, and emotional learning, ensuring access for all, and eliminating punitive discipline, but they cannot do it alone. The Circle Up project engages all of these perspectives to co-design a program to support the well-being and academic success of all learners, using Universal Design for Learning, Collaborative and Proactive Solutions, and Check and Connect. Our panel will share our codesign work.
- Identify new ways for researchers and practitioners to interact to support the development of research-based high value practices.
- Understand the initial results of the Circle Up co-design process.
- Understand a model for research design that centers the perspectives and experience of educators and students.
- Bill Wilmot, Circle Up Co-Director and UDL Implementation Specialist, CAST
- Jess Gropen, Senior Researcher, CAST
- Terra Thomspon White, Special Education Elementary Program Manager, Aldine Independent School District
- Edith Chavez, Bilingual Teacher, Aldine Independent School District
Bill Wilmot, Circle Up Co-Director And Udl Implementation Specialist, CAST
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.