Establishing digital access and skills is imperative to success in today’s economy. Persistent gaps in access to technology and opportunities to develop digital skills exacerbate existing disparities, disproportionately impacting marginalized communities and people of color. Research shows the value of educators having lived experience, cultural and language competencies, and community trust. This panel will share the successes while exploring challenges of co-designing digital navigation services in established community-based organizations.
Other Resources / Information
- Participants will learn about the successful and sustainable integration of digital navigation services in cities like Dallas, and Detroit.
- Participants will gain an understanding of what it takes to sustainably integrate navigator services into communities to support digital resilience.
- Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions of the panel, seek partnerships with and receive access to digital navigator resources.
- Priyanka Sharma, Vice President, World Education, A Division of JSI
- Jamika Doakes, Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, AT&T
- Lutalo Sanifu, Director of Neighborhood Resilience, Safety, and Business District Services, Jefferson East, Inc.
- Nadia Salibi, Chief Program Officer, CitySquare
Priyanka Sharma, Vice President, World Education
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.