Creating authentic classroom experiences and a coherent schoolwide approach for building employability skills is challenging. Scaling this type of learning to ensure every student is prepared for the future of work is even harder. Join leaders from the Indiana Department of Education’s $10M employability skills implementation pilot to unpack key lessons, shareable resources, and the innovative and learner-centered models that are helping transform career readiness education across the state.
Other Resources / Information
- Understand the strategy in Indiana and how it might be adjusted to support your unique context.
- Understand the need for new models that expand authentic learning opportunities for all students and prepare educators to deliver them at scale.
- Understand the relationship between employability skills, learner outcomes, and creating desired learning experiences.
- Stephanie Short, Vice President of Partnerships, America Succeeds
- Jason Callahan, Assistant Secretary of Student Pathways and Opportunities, Indiana Department of Education
- Brittany Griffin, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Learner-Centered Collaborative
- Zarah Hileman, School Counselor, Milan High School
Aidan Schief, Project Coordinator, America Succeeds
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.