The world is filled with hopelessness, impacting nearly 60% of teen girls, and it's higher within oppressed populations. Hope is a transformative force that empowers individuals and communities to overcome adversity. This panel aims to explore diverse perspectives on how to activate hope across various populations, including the LGBTQIA community, veterans, inner-city residents, workplaces, and emerging generations. Through an engaging discussion, we will shed light on the science of hope, measure the audience’s hope, and share strategies to activate the ‘how’ to hope in people’s lives.
Other Resources / Information
- Hope requires collaboration: Panelists will share success stories of community-driven initiatives that have improved hope across various populations.
- Hope is the driving force behind the SDGs, playing a pivotal role in achieving them, fostering a global movement, and activating cities.
- Unveiling Hope's Power: Explore its impact on mental well-being & the science behind teachable hope in this panel.
- Kathryn Goetzke, Chief Hope Officer, The SHINE Hope Company
- Zoya Awan, Director of Public Affairs, Walmart
- MaCherie Dunbar, Executive Director, Veterans Charter
- Edward M. Barksdale, Jr., Surgeon-in-Chief; Professor of Surgery & Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital/University hospitals; Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Kathryn Goetzke, Chief Hope Officer, The SHINE Hope Company
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.