This panel is connected to a short documentary, Shaped by Water. In both the film and panel, we explore the relationship between athletes and different forms of water to highlight humans' intricate connection to the ocean, the environment, and themselves. The ocean is so vast and seemingly limitless that it is hard to imagine us impacting its health. And yet we do. With this panel, we will discuss how storytelling and sport can be a powerful pair that leads to long-lasting change and positive impact. This panel will be solutions focused and lean on our speakers’ leadership to inspire others.
Other Resources / Information
- Water reminds us of our fragility in the face of forces we respect and resources we all need to preserve and restore.
- Storytelling, sport, and passion for the environment move and ignites people worldwide to create positive change.
- Community leaders can create a cultural shift to make protecting the environment, climate, and ocean a priority for all.
- Charlie Enright, Skipper, Sailor, 1 Degree
- Zandile Ndhlovu, Founder, Athlete, Influencer, The Black Mermaid Foundation
- Dean Leslie, Director, Wandering Fever
- Danni Washington, TV Host, Science Communicator, Co-Founder, Mermaid, Big Blue Enterprises, LLC
Alessandra Ghezzi, Communications Director, 11th Hour Racing
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.