How is Generative AI changing the way we prepare students to address society’s most pressing needs? What are some key ethical questions to be asking as we transform the way we teach? How can design thinking help chart a path forward now that AI is here to stay? During this interactive workshop led by women leaders from UT Austin and Waco ISD, participants will learn how to design effective, ethics-forward lesson plans and syllabi that incorporate AI tools such as ChatGPT and DALL-E.
Other Resources / Information
- Participants will learn how to teach students to use generative AI tools like ChatGPT, DALL-E, and others in an ethical and effective way.
- Participants will better understand the benefits of using generative AI tools, as well as how to navigate their potential harms and biases
- Participants will walk away with an action plan for incorporating generative AI tools into lesson plans and pedagogy.
- Sherri Greenberg, Professor of Practice & Assistant Dean, University of Texas
- Julie Schell, Assistant Vice Provost of Academic Technology, University of Texas
- Susan Kincannon, Superintendent of Schools, Waco ISD
Sherri Greenberg, Professor Of Practice & Assistant Dean, University of Texas
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.