As psychedelics gain wider acceptance, leaders in prominent positions are exploring altered states of consciousness. Can psychedelic experiences improve leadership by fostering qualities such as creativity and open-mindedness? Can they help us live in balance by encouraging prosocial behavior and empathy? Or are they likely to amplify narcissism and extractive behaviors? This panel will explore whether psychedelics can promote values-centered leadership to navigate a rapidly changing world, as well as the implications for disrupting conventional models and contributing to systemic change.
Other Resources / Information
- Mainstream acceptance of psychedelics raises questions about how how they might influence leadership paradigms and organizational approaches.
- Psychedelic experiences may help leaders tackle complex issues such as climate change, inequality, and social justice.
- Psychedelics may contribute to systems change by increasing leaders' psychological connectedness to self, others, and the wider world.
- Isadora Tang, VP Transformation Labs, Google
- Amy Emerson, Chief Executive Officer, MAPS Public Benefit Corporation
- Bennet Zelner, Associate Professor of Business and Public Policy, Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, College Park
- Laura Dawn, Founder, Psychedelic Leadership Co.
Isadora Tang, Vp Transformation Labs, Google
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.