This panel of immersive storytellers working at the intersection of live performance and Extended Reality discuss the constantly evolving definitions of liveness, authenticity, and agency. We will dig into the aesthetic, political, and philosophical dimensions of volumetric production, VR theatre, avatar and AI performance, blended reality storytelling, and other emerging mixed reality practices that expand the notion of humanness. The panelists will also share artistic and producing strategies around how they create transformative impact through XR across meatspace and metaverse.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- How have adventurous live performance practitioners throughout history experimented with authenticity and liveness in XR?
- How have XR experiences been able to scale and reach audiences who lack access to the technology?
- How do we use XR theater as a way of playing with new forms of being and relating to each other and our planet?
- Scarlett Kim, Director of Innovation & Strategy, Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- Michaela Ternasky-Holland, XR Director, Creative Strategist & Impact Producer, Self
- Kiira Benzing, Creative Director, Double Eye Studios
- Illya Szilak, Creative Producer, Writer, Artist, Director, Cloudred
Scarlett Kim, Director Of Innovation & Strategy, Oregon Shakespeare Festival
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.