Current and former teachers and non-profit leaders draw from decades of experience to solve the teacher turnover challenge—by reimagining the profession from the ground up. Through data, case studies, and tales from the classroom, our panelists will describe what it takes to transform the teaching job into the dynamic, rewarding, collaborative, sustainable, diverse profession we know it can be. You'll hear about models for team teaching, career paths that don't take you out of the classroom, meaningful professional learning, and proven strategies for sheltering and developing rookie teachers.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- Data on teacher turnover (including why teachers are leaving the profession) and what you can do to change it
- Strategies to shelter-and-develop rookie teachers and improve professional learning and collaboration (w/ case studies and stories from the field!)
- Actionable tools to help K-12 leaders make the teaching role more collaborative and sustainable (including sample schedules and compensation models)
- David Rosenberg, Partner, Education Resource Strategies
- Kira Orange Jones, Chief Executive Officer, Teach Plus
- Matthew Balter, Middle School Teacher, Austin ISD
- Chong-Hao Fu, Chief Executive Officer, Leading Educators
Kaitlyn Chantry, Director Of Communications, Education Resource Strategies
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.