SXSW Interactive 2013
Keeping Email Relevant in a Microblogging World
In a world where marketing messages are limited to 140 characters and consumers have extremely limited attention spans, when is email marketing used best and how can marketers keep their email programs relevant and successful?
We'd like to talk about the natural synergy that exists between email marketing and social media and discuss how to best utilize these powerful tools in harmony. We'll also talk about the recent improvements in email marketing tools, set backs in the industry and what to look out for in the near future.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Is email marketing still relevant? Why should it still be in the marketing mix alongside social media?
- How can marketers bridge the gap between social, digital and in person communications in meaningful ways? What tools exist to execute this seamlessly?
- Billions of email messages are sent out each day. How can brands keep their users engaged with their email messages? How can you make sure to keep subscribers and stay out of the junk folder? What are some of the best practices to building a sustainable email program and in turn, trust with your recipients?
- How can marketers speak to a community of thousands (and more!) as individuals through the email platform? What are some best practices for segmenting and specific targeting tools that can be used to personalize? What questions should you be asking your Email Service Provider to ensure you're getting the most out of their services and sending the best possible campaigns to your subscribers?
- Where is email marketing going? What do the experts foresee in the next 5 or 10 years that will impact the industry the most and how can we be prepared?
Elizabeth Mee, Email Marketing Manager, House Party