In January 2023, Mayor Eric Adams of New York City pledged to connect 30,000 New Yorkers to apprenticeships by 2030. Learn about modern apprenticeships and its promise to deliver on building diverse and equitable economies. Join us to learn how New York City will meet this ambitious goal. Panelists will discuss innovative strategies, best practices, and challenges involved in expanding apprenticeship programs. Discover how collaborations with educational institutions, industry leaders, government and philanthropy can work together to create scalable apprenticeship models.
- Develop a shared understanding of apprenticeship, including threshold definition and best practices.
- Build practical approaches that blend education and work experience by embedding apprenticeship within associate degree programs.
- Build strategies to build an apprenticeship ecosystem that leverages cross-sector partnerships to create equity in the labor market.
- Christine AuYeung, Senior Program Officer, Robin Hood
- Abby Jo Sigal, Executive Director, NYC Mayor’s Office of Talent and Workforce Development
- Rachel Stephenson, Chief Transformation Officer, The City University of New York
- Mary Kate Morley Ryan, Managing Director, Accenture
Christine AuYeung, Senior Program Officer, Robin Hood
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.