We will bring together a collective of humans who have all felt the life-changing experience of seeing Earth from a unique perspective – from both the ocean and space. The panel will include a group of passionate athletes, scientists, and influencers who use their platforms – winner’s podiums, storytelling, art, or social media – to create a lasting positive impact on planetary health. From working to diversify the ocean to helping scientists discover more to sparking conversation and thought, this panel will discuss ideas and solutions inspired by The Overview Effect and The Oceanview Effect.
Other Resources / Information
- From the oxygen we breathe to the food we eat to the stability of our climate, we only thrive when nature thrives.
- Learn how athletes and social influencers work to inspire positive action and create long-lasting change for the Earth’s health.
- Look at our relationship with nature with a renewed perspective; think about how we can collectively be part of the solution to the climate emergency.
- Charlie Enright, Skipper, Sailor, 1 Degree
- Nicole Stott, Retired Astronaut, Artist, Engineer, Space for Art Foundation
- Zandile Ndhlovu, Freediver, Influencer, Founder, Author, The Black Mermaid Foundation
- Danni Washington, TV host, Speaker, Science Communicator, Influencer, Co-Founder, Big Blue Enterprises, LLC
Corinna Halloran, Creative Projects Manager, 11th Hour Racing
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.