Technology gives us powerful new tools for enhancing our experience. It also distracts us and drives us apart. In our session, we will discuss how and why it is important for visual and sound artists, composers, and performers to take charge in creating technologically driven audio-visual immersive experiences that recapture art as a transformative experience that can bring people together. We will discuss ways to make these experiences meaningful, complex, and multidimensional. We will also examine creative strategies for the artist as a performer interacting with technology.
Other Resources / Information
- Immersive audiovisual installations and performances are modern-day ceremonies, transformative and collective.
- Women artists/technologists inventing new roles for themselves and novel experiences for the audience.
- Artists and performers add meaning and value to technologically driven presentations.
- Yuliya Lanina, Artist/Professor, University of Texas at Austin
- Bora Yoon, Composer, Vocalist, Sound Artist, Sozo Media, Multimedia Performing Arts
Yuliya Lanina, Artist/Educator, The University of Texas at Austin
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.