In this session, we will describe our design process of visualizing data of lives lost due to anti-trans hate. Along the way, interrogate larger trends in designing data visualizations for grief and solidarity. In times of loss, how do we live in good relationship to the dead represented as data? We explore key principles of data-driven, interactive storytelling that help us hold the weight of loss.
Other Resources / Information
- Demonstrate how designers can create profound relationships with data through design.
- Provoke critical conversations about designing with data, particularly in service of grief.
- Empower designers with tools for creating visuals for advocacy and allyship.
- Cathryn Ploehn, Professor, The University of Texas at Austin
- Kelsey Campbell, Founder & Data Scientist, Gayta Science
Cathryn Ploehn, Professor, The University of Texas at Austin
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.