SXSW EDU 2023
Family Engagement as a Equity Engine for Success
Building on Learning Heroes Parents 2022 research, this interactive session will bring to life what systems-building for family engagement looks like, and how education leaders can partner with schools to build family engagement strategies that become engines for equity. Learn from leaders who are building systems that foster home-school relationships and are centered on student learning and well-being. Let’s come together to support families and educators as they team up for all children.
- Gain a deeper understanding of current parent and educator mindsets based on Learning Heroes national surveys.
- Learn about key leadership strategies in districts and communities that prioritize family engagement as an equity driver.
- Understand the steps to take to design a systemic approach to family engagement in your school community.
- Eyal Bergman, Senior Vice President, Learning Heroes
- Tina Hike-Hubbard, Chief of Communications, Engagement, and Enrollment, Baltimore City Public Schools
- Joan Dabrowski, Chief Academic officer, Baltimore City Public Schools
David Park, Senior VP, Strategy and Communications, Learning Heroes
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.