Companies, regulators and individuals need better ways to manage data that enhances privacy, portability and security. Join 3 influential leaders driving decentralized identity standards to market to learn about the benefits of building in an open source ecosystem rather than innovating on the technical foundations alone.
This panel touches on digital ID history and focuses on recently standardized W3C decentralized identifier spec and verifiable credentials data model to show how adoption of products using these standards are impacting all kinds of markets, from Web 2 to Web3 and beyond.
Whether personal data tools as fluid and diverse as we are or data minimization for enterprises, our collective future hinges on these emerging digital ID and credentialing technology standards.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- Commitment to open source standards and interoperability doesn’t stifle competition; it fuels market creation instead.
- How these emerging standards can be applied in a B2B context - from physical supply chains to software bills of materials.
- How the same open standards can be leveraged in a B2C context - from private, portable personal data stores to interactions in the metaverse.
- Karyl Fowler, CEO & Co-Founder, Transmute
- Evin Mcmullen, CEO, DISCO
- Kaliya Young, Founder, Identity Woman in Business
Karyl Fowler, CEO & Co-Founder, Transmute
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.