The twin goals of equity and efficacy require K-12 school models that are personalized, skill-based, and interdisciplinary, but traditional transcripts are ill-suited to capture the richness of these approaches. How can we design transcripts and records that empower learners to share their unique strengths, abilities, and goals? In this panel discussion, organizations that support innovative schools will share insights and lessons learned from their credential design efforts.
Other Resources / Information
- Identify critical implications of competency-based education models for school credentials and records
- Understand key design requirements for credentials to best capture learning in personalized, competency based environments
- Anticipate challenges and frame solutions for future-looking credential design
- Mike Flanagan, CEO, Mastery Transcript Consortium
- Mary Ryerse, Managing Director School Success, XQInstitute
- Andrea Purcell, Program Director & School Coach, Big Picture Learning
- Susan Patrick, President & Chief Executive Officer, Aurora Institute
Mike Flanagan, CEO, Mastery Transcript Consortium
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.