Invention Education is emerging as a practice for building the core competencies that drive innovation: creativity, resourcefulness, and agility combined with an ability to dissect a problem, prototype, experiment and iterate. Join us to hear from Invention Education practitioners across the K-16 spectrum and a student inventor about how to enhance learning, open minds and possibilities, and prepare students for the jobs of the future through Invention Education.
- Understand the critical mindsets and skills needed to future-proof youth through invention education.
- Make connections between the traits of an inventor and inventive mindsets to what educators are already doing with students.
- Engage in several invention activities for grades K-12 to support integration of invention and innovation into multiple content areas.
- David Coronodo, Senior Program Officer, The Lemelson Foundation
- Kristin Moon, Assistant Director Middle Grade Math, Science, K-8 STEAM & K-12 Makerspace, Portland Public Schools
- Katelyn Sweeney, Graduate Student, Harvard University
- Antonio Gamboa, Science STEM educator, Pomona Unified School District
Susan Pierson-Brown, Principal, Seven November, Inc.
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.