As the world faces uncertainty, market volatility, and more expensive capital, companies are working with greater urgency and sharper focus to accelerate long-term growth. Corporate boards are well positioned to help steward their organizations into this new era when built and operated effectively. Numerous studies have shown that diverse leadership teams and boards lead to better company outcomes. Whether you’re a founder, investor, or business leader, join this session to learn more about the landscape of corporate boards at different stages of company growth, the skills and perspectives needed in the boardroom to adapt to evolving demands, and how to recruit, build, and manage diverse boards authentically.
- Characteristics of effective boards at different stages of growth
- The strategic benefit of a diverse board regarding skills and perspectives
- Best practices to achieve a diverse and inclusive board as well as measurements implemented to make meaningful change
- Wendy-Kay Logan, Director and Head of Product, Business Communications, Google
- Thane Kreiner, PhD, Co-Founder, Black Corporate Board Readiness, Santa Clara University
- Les Williams, Cofounder and Chief Revenue Officer, Risk Cooperative
- Anita Lynch, Board Member, Nasdaq U.S. Exchanges, Hungryroot, Infogain
Wendy-Kay Logan, Director And Head Of Product, Business Communications, Google
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.