This panel discusses how the rise of NFTs and digital assets affect the music industry. Blockchain, smart contracts, and tokenization are not a fad anymore; they are a part of a maturing market and digital assets offer creators new ways to monetize and distribute their creative work. For creators in the music industry, blockchain offers a secure platform for their works, and a new framework to monetize and engage their audiences with digital assets and collectibles.
The panel addresses the questions: Are Digital Assets & Smart Contract Technology A Fad?, How Will NFTs Impact Direct-to-Consumer Fan Engagement?, and How Will Creative IP Management, the Ownership Economy, & Fractional Rights Ownership Shape the Music Industry?
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- What started as a fad is now a maturing market enabling creators to safely store copyright metadata, rights, & digital transactions in the music biz.
- NFTs have sparked resurgence in direct artist-to-fan engagement with unique collectables, content & new mediums for direct-to-consumer fan engagement.
- Blockchain’s decentralized finance disruption & the digitalization of music is leading to more real time, liquid, accessible, & composable payments.
- Bruno Guez, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Revelator
- Roneil Rumburg, CEO and Co-Founder, Audius
- Tristra Newyear Yeager, Writer and Strategist, Rock Paper Scissors, Inc
Leila Grossman, Publicist, Rock Paper Scissors
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.