Every student deserves the opportunity to flourish in a school that celebrates them, imbues them with a sense of belonging, and empowers them with individualized supports. Creating such an equitable system requires educators to employ culturally responsive practices, examine implicit biases, and, now more than ever, build lasting relationships. In this workshop, participants will explore strategies for promoting equity through strong relationships with students, families, and the community.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- Participants will explore the importance of relationships with students, families, and community to educational equity via speaker-led discussion.
- Through self-reflection and group work, participants will examine the existing systems in place in their classroom for relationship-building.
- Participants will apply learnings and reflections to identify opportunities for growth in equitable relationship-building in their school.
- Bill de la Cruz, Belonging and Inclusion Consultant, De la Cruz Solutions
- Rich Milner, Associate Professor of Education, Vanderbilt University
Krista Goddard, Communications Manager, McGraw-Hill
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.