Transformative learning experiences that prepare students for college and career need to be accessible to all students, regardless of the size or location of the school district. The discussion will center around examples from Texas Superintendents and leaders who have experience transforming rural school districts. Learn how a focus on student skills and a whole system approach produce outcomes for future readiness.
Other Resources / Information
- Engaging in a thoughtful conversation about the unique needs of rural school districts.
- Identifying a system for whole school and district change that increases college and career readiness outcomes for students.
- Examining what districts are doing to create schools that provide students with complex thinking, authentic problem solving learning on a daily basis.
- Steffany Batik, Director of School and District Development - Texas, New Tech Network
- Lydia Dobyns, President and CEO, New Tech Network
- Andrew Kim, Superintendent, Comal ISD
- Scott Muri, Superintendent, Ector County ISD
Reming Robitaille, Director of Marketing, New Tech Network
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.