Level Up! Bridging Gameplay and Advertising
In 2020, there were more than 2.7 billion gamers worldwide, and on average, they spend 6.5 hours playing each week. Gaming is crossing lines from consoles to mobile, from Gen Z to Boomers, from gameplay to spectating. As this genre of entertainment continues to expand and engaged gaming communities continue to form, advertisers have no choice but to learn how to shift their tone and traditional advertising tactics to join the fun and enter the game. This panel will tap into experts from companies including Twitch, Enthusiast Gaming, and Frameplay to explore 2021’s definition of a gamer and the various touchpoints to harness the community's engagement factor ultimately bridging the gap between virtual settings and IRL action.
Other Resources / Information
- In-game, streaming, influencers, tournaments, the list goes on. Which channels drive the most impact, and how can you make all avenues work for you?
- Learn how to gamify ‘intent to act’ by connecting with audiences in virtual settings to motivate IRL actions, going past brand/message awareness
- Reexamine the definition of a gamer to overcome outdated stereotypes, embracing the diversity of gamers, and harnessing the value of their community
- Felicia Carmichael, Director of Social & Emerging Media, The Ad Council
- Cary Tilds, Chief Strategy and Operations Officer, Frameplay
- Andrea Garabedian, Global Head of Sales Marketing, Twitch
- Adrian Montgomery, Chief Executive Officer, Enthusiast Gaming
Emily Brogan-Freitas, Assistant Media Manager, Ad Council
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.