SXSW EDU 2022
Practices for Healing & Restoring in the Classroom
The classroom is a place for growth, kindness, and community – a space where all students can find comfort and strength through their relationships with their peers, teachers, and themselves. Participants will join in collaborative discussion, hear from experts and program leaders, and discover something new about themselves! Join us for in-session, healing-centric, equitable social and emotional learning activities and to learn about programs and resources you can bring back to your school.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will begin to explore what it means for social and emotional learning to be equitable, healing-centric, and student-centered.
- Participants will reflect on social and emotional learning growth areas in their classrooms – and in themselves, because SEL is for teachers, too!
- Participants will explore activities to use in the classroom, including The Great Kindness Challenge, a free, global kindness program for K-12.
- Alexandra Merritt, Sr. Education Researcher, McGraw Hill
- Jill McManigal, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Kids for Peace, home to The Great Kindness Challenge
- Richard Tubbs, Principal, Carlsbad Unified School District
Asia Moore, Program Director, Kids for Peace, home to The Great Kindness Challenge