As experience designers, we’re more frequently becoming tasked with the ideation and development of groundbreaking, novel experiences.
There’s a key challenge facing designers seeking to push technological and conceptual boundaries: “How do I pitch my idea if it’s never been done before?” The age-old reality that many in our industry grapple with is attempting to pitch new experiences in traditional frameworks. When an idea exceeds the capabilities of our available pitch-craft, the idea usually dies. That means it’s time for us to finally reassess our pitch toolkit.
Hosted by two industry veterans, this meet-up will guide participants through a structured “pitch toolkit swap” — examining new techniques, tools, and frameworks to pitch original experience design.
Other Resources / Information
- • Participants will walk away with an updated “pitch toolkit” and new perspectives in presentation design.
- • From body-storming, role-playing, video documentation, platform hacks — we’ll discuss prototyping that activate the imagination of the client.
- • New and unconventional methods that have been used in successful presentations (i.e., video walk-throughs, DIY zines, role playing).
- Nicholas Todd, Experience Design Lead, Media Arts Lab
- Rohit Thawani, Creative Director, Digital Experiences, Media Arts Lab
Nicholas Todd, Experience Design Lead, Media Arts Lab
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.