Leander ISD, a rapidly growing district northwest of Austin, has committed to expanding Deeper Learning opportunities for students in the district. When the system is aligned, coherent, and consistent around Deeper Learning vs being viewed as an “initiative,” then participating schools and students have more success faster. Through an interactive discussion, we will explore Leander ISD’s journey to make that possible and what that might mean for your own efforts at sustainable change.
- Participants can describe how leading from purpose drives sustainable change in schools and districts.
- Participants can name why a systems view and systems thinking matter for creating coherent and sustainable change in schools.
- Participants can describe a progression of district strategies necessary for organizing their system around Deeper Learning.
- Matt Bentz, Chief Academic Officer, Leander ISD
- Chrysta Carlin, Assistant Superintendent of Pathways & Innovation, Leander ISD
- Carie Spannagel, Director, Instruction & Digital Learning, Leander ISD
- Matt Thompson, Texas Network Director, New Tech Network
Danielle Gates, Social Media & Content Specialist, New Tech Network
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.