The music business is complex in that it’s often said to be more of a lifestyle than it is a job. Every day (and sometimes every second), we are reminded of our role within the industry and how it molds our identity and our future. But what about our personal identities and our own long-term goals? Aren’t we more than just the companies we tag in our Instagram bios and the artists we work for? Does our love of music get in the way of celebrating the other important parts of our life? Join us for a non-traditional panel as we dive into what it means to be a human being, both in and out of the industry, and try to separate our panelists from their music business identities. The real question: Is that even possible? Post pandemic – this is arguably the most important topic with the industry.
- Navigating work / life balance within the entertainment industry
- Explicating "hustle culture" to create healthier environments inside and outside of the office
- The importance of personal branding both inside and outside of the music business
- Nick Maiale, Founder + CEO, jump.global
- Maria Gironas, Sr. Media Partnerships Manager, Creators, Reddit
- Sydney Lopes, Head of Hip-Hop and R&B, Artist Marketing, Spotify
- Brandon Holman, Manager – Music Label Partnerships, TikTok
Nick Maiale, Founder + Ceo, jump.global
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.