Escaping Doom: Transforming Data into Experience
We know that climate change is real. Data is the language of science; however, data alone is often incomprehensible to the average person. This panel and our real-life experiential escape room make scientific findings accessible and encourage informed discussion and decision making by all. At UT Austin, leveraging existing data and expertise, we're developing an escape room to explore how scientific research can be integrated into an engaging, entertaining and educational storytelling experience.
Other Resources / Information
- Experience design has huge potential for technologists, designers, educators, artisans, producers and marketers.
- Collaborative learning is the new frontier. Working in teams with designers, engineers, and academics, students created an escape room.
- Good storytelling is key to communicating and teaching complex concepts and we used an escape room to make climate science data accessible.
- Doreen Lorenzo, Assistant Dean, School of Design and Creative Technologies
- Fernanda Leite, Associate Professor, University of Texas
- David Kramer, Digital Design Experience Leader, Prinipal, Gensler
- Marc Petite, General Manager, Epic Games
Nada Dorman, Assistant Director Of Communications, The University of Texas at Austin
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.