We hear it time and time again, shouted from a lot of companies rooftops, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION! Yet, most tech companies employ less than 5% of people of color. That stat alone makes you think, what does diversity and inclusion actually mean? Join Black Tech Unplugged, hosted by Deena McKay, to discuss why diversity and inclusion is still a buzzword, what the initiative means for black people, and how everyone can help move diversity and inclusion into a movement.
Other Resources / Information
- A true understanding and definition of diversity and inclusion
- The truth behind tech companies use of the words diversity and inclusion
- Steps to enhance diversity and inclusion at your workplace
- Deena McKay, Founder & Host, Black Tech Unplugged
- Lisa Godwin, Senior Consultant & Creative Technologist, New York Times
Deena McKay, Founder & Host, Black Tech Unplugged
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.