For the Culture: A Recommitment to the Consumer
There is a very specific need for social change within the marketing function; language, practices, and methods that widely define today's marketing.
There is that specific need for companies to reflect underrepresented communities with authentic voices and truly understand where and IF their products and voices fit in today's culture in an authentic way FOR CONSUMERS -- and In order to be relevant there are a few key things we as marketers need to understand.
1) Double down on a commitment to understanding consumers
2) Understand that Marketing IS a social statement
3) Assess whether you are brave enough to be relevant
4) Make authenticity mean something
Share this idea
- Recommit to understanding consumers
- Revamp marketing practices to be able to authentically and consistently reflect the underrepresented population that is the new "mass market"
- Assess whether you are brave enough to be a part of today's culture and understand that your marketing IS a social statement
- Michelle McAlister, Senior Brand Portfolio Manager, Kellogg's
Michelle McAlister, Senior Brand Portfolio Manager, Kellogg's