The digital evolution has given queer voices a platform to create community & have a meaningful impact like never before. The proliferation of linear and digital platforms has given queer voices, artists and stories the opportunity to shine and drive change for LGBTQ audiences and for all communities. Sharing their authentic personal stories though digital content every day, queer talent are creating powerful change around issues, including coming out, feeling accepted, dealing with cyber bullying & mental health issues. Hear from hot queer talent and influencers in the digital space, along with the Ad Council’s head of talent partnerships, Lina Renzina, about the power of queer voices in digital & how they’re changing the landscape for queer voices in media, entertainment and culture.
Other Resources / Information
- How has the accessibility to digital content helped with LGBTQ+ acceptance?
- What are some challenges that queer talent face in creating content?
- What does the future look like for queer media?
- Lina Renzina, Head of Talent Partnerships, The Ad Council
- Clayton Santillo, Partner, Scale Management
- Miles McKenna, Creator, Miles' Chronicles
- Rickey Thompson, Creator, Self-employed
Ellyn Fischer, Svp, Marketing And Communications, The Ad Council
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.