Can XR Save Journalism?
Immersive projects can support local news, build trust, and wait for it --- make money.
From putting the 1969 moon lander on your desk to walking the LA River, XR has quickly moved beyond the Snapchat hotdog to become a tangible new way to tell stories. This panel will explore what XR technology can -- and can’t -- do for news. We will also look at how companies are approaching news aggregation and sponsorship for immersive projects and discuss how 5G technology will grow this space for news.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- How to activate an engaged news audience and explore the promise of 5G
- How to think creatively about revenue and innovation sales in the news space
- How to leverage collaboration opportunities in XR
- Laura Hertzfeld, Director, Yahoo News XR Partner Program, Verizon Media Group
- Jake Sally, Head of Immersive Development, RYOT
- Mia Tramz, Editorial Director, Enterprise and Immersive Experiences, TIME
Laura Hertzfeld, Dir, Yahoo News XR Partner Program, Verizon Media Group
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.