As we move into the next generation of mobile internet connectivity with the implementation of 5G network capacities, a new world of immersive entertainment will be born. While immersive technologies such as mixed reality (MR), augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) are already becoming popular, their true potential has yet to be unlocked. And as 5G enters the ecosystem, these technologies will begin to more heavily infiltrate industries such as gaming due to crucial high-bandwidth, low latency, and ultra-fast speeds. This panel will discuss the future of entertainment in a 5G world. How will gaming experiences differ from today? What types of technologies are most likely to become mainstream? And where are investors are looking to spend their dollars in the space?
Other Resources / Information
- Actionable insights on how entrepreneurs in the immersive entertainment space can utilize 5G
- How 5G can be leveraged for consumer entertainment
- Future potentials of mixed reality (MR), augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) using 5G
- Alex Lim, Partner, IVP
- Kristina Serafim, Director, Verizon Ventures
- Alastair Goldfisher, Editor, PE Hub, owned by PEI Media
Tim Turpin, Executive Vice President, Spark
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.