What makes a social movement? Successful movements are citizen-centered and formed from the grassroots up. Philanthropy has an important role to play in driving social change through movement building. These organizations breakthrough capturing the interest and action of the masses. Learn how they inspire, educate and activate people to action – from social citizens who penned and passed 27 pieces of legislation for sexual assault survivors, to a public health organization that has reduced teen smoking to single digits and national group of coastal defenders who transform their passion to protect our oceans. Meet the movement makers.
Other Resources / Information
- How to inspire, educate and activate the masses and your audiences to action
- What methods build an effective movement
- How to mobilize audiences for social good causes and campaigns
- Jessica Zetzman, Vice President of Marketing and Communications , Case Foundation
- Eric Asche, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer, Truth Initiative
- Amanda Nguyen, CEO & Founder, Rise
- Chad Nelsen, CEO, Surfrider Foundation
Jade Floyd, Vice President of Communications, Case Foundation
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.