Why should the startup world care about what we call, the Million Dollar Club? Well, the median seed round raised by companies is approximately $600,000, so $1MM raised would indicate the startup has been able to raise additional funding after their seed round. Harlem Capital found 117 founders of color that raised over $1MM and Digitalundivided’s Alice Report found 34 Black women founders raised over $1MM in 2017, this is up from only 12 in 2015. That number continues to grow. By the end of 2017, 58 Latinx Women have raised over $1MM in venture funding. Hear from founders of color that accomplished this great achievement, how they did it, and how we can support other founders raise over $1MM in capital.
- What is the Million Dollar Club and why does it matter for entrepreneurs?
- How can you expand access to capital for people of color and women?
- How can a founder make it to the Million Dollar Club?
- Sarah Koch, VP, Social Innovation, The Case Foundation
- Carolyn Rodz, Co-founder, Hello Alice
- Sky Kelley, Founder & CEO, Avisare
Jenn Roche, Program Associate, The Case Foundation
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.