SXSW EDU 2020
Disrupting Opportunity Gaps with Deeper Learning
To date, most of the discussion about opportunity gaps has lived at the level of policy, not practice. This panel will center the experiences of three school leaders to understand the connection between opportunity gaps and school practice. Exploring three different school communities in Texas as an example and the specific opportunity gaps they face, the discussion will surface how they use Deeper Learning strategies to address those gaps for their students.
Share this idea
- I can articulate how opportunity gaps manifest at the level of school/cIassroom culture and practice.
- I can articulate the different opportunity gaps that emerge for urban, suburban and rural school communities.
- I can articulate how school leaders use Deeper learning strategies to address specific opportunity gaps at the level of school/classroom practice.
- Jim May, Chief Schools Officer, New Tech Network
- Meredith Pappas, Principal, Comal ISD
- Cynthia Ontiveros, Principal, Young Women's Steam Research & Preparatory Academy
- Gerardo Ramirez, Principal, George H.W. Bush New Tech Odessa - Ector County ISD
Danielle Gates, Social Media & Content Specialist, New Tech Network