☰ Sidebar
Voting period for this idea type has passed

SXSW 2020

Messaging Apps and the Future of Online Sharing

The social media newsfeed as we know it is coming to an end. Mark Zuckerberg recently announced sharing is moving to one on one private channels like ephemeral stories, groups and messaging apps. This is the future of sharing.

During this session we'll take a deep dive into the latter, messaging apps, specifically Messenger (1.3B users) and Whatsapp (1.5B users) and iMessage (250M users).

Messaging apps offer a direct connection with your audience, providing a powerful alternative to crowded social media newsfeeds where algorithms now filter 98% of content, leaving just 2% organic reach and 0.2% organic engagement (on average).

This panel will explore the strategies rolled out by the leading digital execs who are championing direct messaging in the music and events industries.

Share this idea

Related Media

Additional Supporting Materials

Takeaways

  1. What is the future of online sharing?
  2. What qualities do messaging apps offer over more traditional social media newsfeeds?
  3. What are the common pitfalls when rolling out a messaging strategy?

Speakers

Organizer

Harry Willis, Head of Partnerships, I AM POP

Meta Information:

  • Event: SXSW
  • Format: Panel
  • Track: Future of Music
  • Level: Intermediate
Show me another idea

Add Comments

comments powered by Disqus

SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.