Isolation, Depression & Success as Entrepreneur
This would be a discussion and discovery of the methodology used by entrepreneurs in dealing with some of the challenges and emotions in a non-traditional work environment. As self employed individuals or entrepreneurs, often we work odd hours and in non-conventional environments. We don’t have a water cooler to converse with others, are often alone and sacrifice steady social circles because of the odd hours we keep.
Specifically, the three things I wish to discuss and explore with others are isolation, depression, and accepting success.
We would discuss the pitfalls of isolation and explore as a group ways of overcoming the isolated feelings that come with our career. We would then talk about recognizing an overcoming depression, which could be a direct result of the isolation we must try to avoid as entrepreneurs. The final topic would be dealing with success as entrepreneurs. Our DNA doesn’t easily allow for idle time, and the anxiety and fear of things being too good.
- How do you manage working in a isolated environment and position yourself to succeed in a non-traditional work environment?
- How do you recognize and deal with depression as a result of isolation?
- How do you establish a community of like minded individuals, and create a core of motivational partners?
- What are some other emotions that spawn out of isolation and depression that you should be aware of?
- How do you deal with the anxiety of a successful business and the fear that it could all go away?
- Gabriel Shepherd Just Professionals
Gabriel Shepherd Just Professionals